The LAP Association Inc is a non-profit organisation formed in 1994 to support the work and continuing development of the Programme. Membership is available to any school or person supporting the philosophy of LAP. All schools that establish LAP are invited and encouraged to become members of the Association.
The Association establishes positive links between everyone involved in LAP by:
- providing professional development opportunities for LAP coordinators, volunteer mentors, teachers and parents/caregivers
- offering numerous seminars and workshhops to mentors and teachers throughout the year
- providing members with discounts on all professional development sessions and events
- sharing good practice and providing regular information through the LAP Facts Newsletter, LAP website and LAPbook on Facebook
- developing quality resources to assist teachers, mentors and students
- providing networking opportunities with people in other schools.