Student and whole-school benefits
LAP is a wonderful way to involve the wider community into your school with a focus on wellbeing. The Programme enables schools to support students in a very cost effective way. Students and volunteer mentors meet at the same time, during one lesson, once a week. They are carefully matched to build upon individual student’s strengths, interests and abilities.
LAP benefits students because it:
- is safe, personal and always one-to-one
- is about relationships
- builds confidence and self-esteem
- takes a creative approach to learning
- promotes parent/caregiver and community participation in the school
- provides a school-based community service programme for Year 12/senior students that is internationally recognised.
- Links with local and international curricula.
Students’ confidence and self-esteem is increased through the provision of:
- personalised care
- learning support